Problem running Install

Dec 6, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Hi All

Using on-premise crm2011

Installed the solution  OK

trying to use the configuration screen to install the javascript converter

click on the install button and it just hangs. Progress bar does not move and there is no traffic on the database.

Have tried rebooting all servers to no avail

any ideas?

Coordinator
Dec 6, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Check to make sure the plugin steps for the Dynamics XRM Tools solution are enabled.

Thanks,
Rhett

On 6 Dec 2012, at 10:57, "paulus_999" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi All

Using on-premise crm2011

Installed the solution OK

trying to use the configuration screen to install the javascript converter

click on the install button and it just hangs. Progress bar does not move and there is no traffic on the database.

Have tried rebooting all servers to no avail

any ideas?

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Hi Rhett

Thanks for the prompt response. I did check the box on initial install. Where else should I be checking it now?

sorry for the idiocy of the question or is it a case of deleting the solution and re-importing?

Regards

Coordinator
Dec 6, 2012 at 10:45 AM
You can go to Settings->Solutions then open the Dynamics XRM Tools solution. Look on the left nab pane for SDK message processing steps and check the items' status.

In the solution list you would also see the JS Converter module if it downloaded correctly.

If it seems to still fail then uninstall/reinstall the DXTools solution.

As a fallback you can download the original beta DXTools as a whole package instead of using the new install modules feature.

Cheers,
Rhett

On 6 Dec 2012, at 11:36, "paulus_999" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Rhett

Thanks for the prompt response. I did check the box on initial install. Where else should I be checking it now?

sorry for the idiocy of the question or is it a case of deleting the solution and re-importing?

Regards

Dec 6, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Hi Rhett

sorry forgot to mention - using beta 1.0.0.4

Checked all that. All OK then I saw the comment about the JS Converter module so I opened up the zip file and could not see anything relating to JS Converter

So I downloaded and looked inside the 1.0.0 on-premise beta

That does have it so I'll revert to that for the moment

Coordinator
Jan 2, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I've reverted the download to 1.0.0.3 until I can resolve the issue with 1.0.0.4.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Rhett