Javascript Converter and cross-browser support

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:13 PM
Edited Nov 26, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Will the javascript converter detect cross-browser support issues and provide corrections?  Also, will javascript created using teh OData Query Designer and JSON work in browsers other than IE?

Coordinator
Nov 26, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Hi, the converter tool converts the options in the ConversionList XML file, usually crm 4 to crm 2011. There are a handful of unsupported updates though feel free to update that list as required to meet your needs.

I may alter the base version if there is demand and examples but until I haven't heard much about this requirement until I just received your email.

You could take a look at this tool for detection.

Cheers,
Rhett

On 26 Nov 2012, at 20:13, "dani050606" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Will the javascript converter detect cross-browser support issues and provide corrections?

Nov 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM

What about the OData Query tool? Sounds like queries used in JavaScript will work cross-browser. Do you know if this is true? Some of my javascript uses JSON with “.Value”, which shows as a possible issue in blue text within the JavaScript validation tool.

Danielle Aronson
Manager
Office:617.933.2953 x128
Mobile: 248.462.4100
Fax: 978.776.2602
Email: Danielle.Aronson@tribridge.com
Tribridge
Helping our Customers become more Productive, Profitable, Competitive and Secure
The information contained in this message and its attachments is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. This information may be privileged and confidential in nature and protected by law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, any further review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please delete the message with its attachments and notify the sender immediately.

Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 3:25 PM
To: Danielle Aronson
Subject: Re: Javascript Converter and cross-browser support [dynamicsxrmtools:404641]

Hi, the converter tool converts the options in the ConversionList XML file, usually crm 4 to crm 2011. There are a handful of unsupported updates though feel free to update that list as required to meet your needs.

I may alter the base version if there is demand and examples but until I haven't heard much about this requirement until I just received your email.

Cheers,

Rhett

Will the javascript converter detect cross-browser support issues and provide corrections?

Coordinator
Nov 26, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Accessing CRM fields using crmForm.all.fieldname.Value may be depreciated in the near future. The issue you have identified using the tool and the found text Value may or bay not be an issue, I'm not sure because I haven't seen your code.

Rhett

On 26 Nov 2012, at 22:52, "dani050606" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

What about the OData Query tool? Sounds like queries used in JavaScript will work cross-browser. Do you know if this is true? Some of my javascript uses JSON with “.Value”, which shows as a possible issue in blue text within the JavaScript validation tool.

Danielle Aronson
Manager
Office:617.933.2953 x128
Mobile: 248.462.4100
Fax: 978.776.2602
Email: Danielle.Aronson@tribridge.com
Tribridge
Helping our Customers become more Productive, Profitable, Competitive and Secure
The information contained in this message and its attachments is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. This information may be privileged and confidential in nature and protected by law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, any further review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please delete the message with its attachments and notify the sender immediately.

Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 3:25 PM
To: Danielle Aronson
Subject: Re: Javascript Converter and cross-browser support [dynamicsxrmtools:404641]

Cheers,

Rhett