All tools produce error "The data area passed to a system call is too small"

Aug 9, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Trying to look at the script converter. None of the tools seems to work for my test upgrade from CRM 4 to CRM 2011. The same error occurs for the other tool functions as well. I’m running CRM 2011 update roll-up 8 on Windows Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2008 R2. Using Internet Explorer 8 and Silverlight 5.1.10411.0.

I’ve found this error mentioned for ScriptObject.Invoke in regards to Silverlight but no causes or solutions identified.

The data area passed to a system call is too small.
   at System.Windows.Browser.ScriptObject.Invoke(String name, Object[] args)
   at System.Windows.Browser.HtmlWindow.Navigate(Uri navigateToUri, String target, String targetFeatures)
   at System.Windows.Browser.HtmlWindow.Navigate(Uri navigateToUri)
   at DXTools.UI.Core.Dialogs.ErrorDialog.EmailButton_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Control.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(Control ctrl, EventArgs e)   at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, Int32 actualArgsTypeIndex, String eventName, UInt32 flags)

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Nevermind... I used Fiddler and found authentication wasn't working correctly. Not sure why the rest of CRM was working though. :-|

I removed Anonymous authentication previously trying to resolve an issue with web resources prompting for login every time one was accessed when all I needed to do was enable Kernel Mode Authentication. I had done both after testing a migration from CRM 4 to CRM 2011.

Coordinator
Oct 23, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Great, thanks for the feedback Bill.